Thursday, 21 August 2014

Back behind the wheel

Those who know me personally are well aware that I openly admit I am not the best driver  ...

Actually it is saying something that my brother constantly tells me I'm a better driver in America than I am in the UK. 

However, it has been over two years since I last attempted to drive on the wrong side of the road. So last night we dug out my dusty pedal extensions and the 3 chunky cushions I need to even see over the steering wheel and nobody got hurt :)


I even booked in for my theory test for a couple weeks time.

I will continue to stand by the fact that I will never quite understand why you can turn right on a red light ... ITS A RED LIGHT ? but I am happy to say goodbye to roundabouts and hello to bigger car parking spaces.

In other news I also got my 'American Cell phone' this week which was an experience. 

Apparently I have not been watching enough Sex and the City as I was unaware that an area code somewhat 'defines' you? Well thats what the shop assistant told me. She proceeded to offer me a choice of several 'high end' area codes and kept asking me if I was excited. 

I don't think my British sarcasm was appreciated when I responded with the word 'Thrilled' lol.

The sun continues to shine here while I hear from home that there is torrential rain in Wales - Shocker. 



Some things never change. I'm trying slowly though . . . Starting with driving on the wrong side of the road.

Cheers :)


Jo 
x