Wednesday, 6 August 2014

Channeling my inner photographer ...

So I brought a new camera in the hope of assisting the documenting of my forthcoming travels. 

In doing so I discovered not only is buying a camera a complete mine field but I will never ever be a technical minded photography nerd like my brother (sorry Edd) and all I really want to do is take a pretty photo that makes me smile.  So there you have it - Hello Samsung Galaxy 2 :) 


I do believe the sales assistant took pity on me when he described it to me as the 'fun camera' and then guided my brother over to the cameras bigger than my face with interchangeable lenses .... but I love it. It is one of the first smart cameras that also acts as a tablet, so you can go online, download apps and edit and upload your photos/video from the camera itself.

Seeing as I only purchased it yesterday I think it is most definitely going to take me a while to figure out how to use the thing properly, but in the mean time I can attempt to take photos in the hope that my best friend 'Instagram' can do them justice :)

 
Whilst I am slightly too embarrassed to post several of my photos (although I can credit the one above to myself at least) Below is a shot Edd managed to take of me capturing the moment .... well when I say moment - it took me about 5 minutes just to focus the damn thing. 


But onward and upwards, Its never too late to learn a new skill .... 

Or so I have been told .... ?

Jo
x