Friday, 1 August 2014

My name is Jo Osmond and I am a Hoarder ...

So it's officially 12 days until I hand over my one way ticket, board the plane and emigrate to America, therefore the packing process has began. To say I'm used to living out of a suitcase is an understatement seeing as I spent four years working on cruise ships however, it feels slightly different this time knowing that this isn't just a six month contract - I actually have to completely pack up my life and transport it to the other side of the world.

I am under no illusions that I will need to pay for extra baggage so I have already prepaid for an extra suitcase (so organised), but it wasn't until I started sorting through my bedroom that I discovered what a big fat hoarder I am. Roller skates, Mickey Mouse ears, currency from every country I have visited, name badges from every job I have ever had, I even found myself coming across hotel key cards from years ago when I had stayed in posh hotels for work .. I know, Whats wrong with me?? lol. 

Eight Bin bags of CRAP later and It is safe to say I'm on a roll and do believe it may be possible to sum up my life belongings in the space of two suitcases (one being all shoes) and some hand luggage - YES!! :)


In other happy news, now that I am moving country I get to use up all the rewards points on my loyalty cards (priorities). Although I am sad that I will no longer be able to shop at Boots (CVS from now on - eurgh), the £70 I have racked up on my advantage card will definitely not go to waste. Hello new FREE Gucci perfume :) 


And with a leaving party planned for next weekend and my current 12 day count down in mind I have already had to endure some heart breaking goodbyes ...

After an eight year relationship of ups and downs - Goodbye Vodafone

Its been an emotional twenty seven years  - Charlotte Lloyd (My family dentist)

And not forgetting, the one constant in my life who has been there for every occasion - The petite clothing range at Miss Selfridge.

I will try not to dwell on what I will miss in Britain but look forward to what I will gain in America (As long as it is not weight) lol.

12 days to go and I'm feeling positive.

I look forward to blogging closer to my departure but this is it for now, I have packing to do.


Jo
x